Friday, February 6, 2009

Concrete jungle #3

I think it's the third one, anyway.

This process is beginning to scare me. Whenever I find myself being inspired to write something about the work I want to do, it seems to always end up being about God. I do not feel ready to really step out and declare myself a spiritual person--even though I know that when I came into this world, SOMEONE decided I was going to do exactly that, as my parents gave me the middle name "Vedakumari" meaning "holy daughter." I do not consider myself holy--at least not any more than anyone else--but maybe that's the point. Maybe we are all holier than 20th century American culture would have us believe. I have a hunch that when all is said and done, the 21st century will bear this out.


This world
does not exist
to funnel us all down the same straight and narrow path.

Infinite expansion is the nature of my universe, the nature of the universe created by my God.

The fires of passion
The flow of consciousness
The growth of connection, strong connection, a web of constantly strengthening connection reaching over the entire face of the earth--this is the desire awakened in me.

Who has the guts to step out of the box, to grow up, to stake her own claim on the piece of the universe laid out for her? To take the first tentative steps on a half-defined path, coming into form in front of her as we speak?

If I say I do, who is going to come down on my head and say I can't?

I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment